This page provides tips on choosing and liaising with a caterer.
Planning your catering
When contacting a caterer to arrange the menu for functions and events:
- Explain the requirement for catering to offer a choice of healthy food and drinks, and offer to send them a copy of the Healthier Choices Guidelines if relevant.
- Outline any dietary or other requirements for your event
- Ask them to send you a copy of the menu
- Assess the suitability of the menu. You may find this checklist helpful.
- If relevant, provide them with some healthy food and drink suggestions and healthy food preparation ideas(as required).
- Feel free to ask the caterer for more detail on:
- cooking methods;
- serving sizes;
- ability to provide food labels with relevant details - e.g. gluten free, vegetarian, contains nuts, etc
- ability to limit salt, butter, sauces and dressings or provide these as self-serve options.
Nominated catering suppliers
The University Nominated suppliers are those that have been selected through a UWA tender process, to achieve best value for money for the required goods and services. Using a nominated supplier can also save time and reduce risks associated with the purchase. All staff who are required to organise catering are expected to select caterers from the nominated supplier list, effective now.
Caterers operating on the Crawley campus and links to their websites include:
Other catering requirements