This course is essential for staff who are involved in hazardous manual tasks during the course of their work.
It will discuss the mechanics of your body, back-strengthening exercises and correct methods of lifting, carrying and moving objects based on the Manutention method of manual handling training.
- understand how to reduce manual handling injury risks in the workplace
- gain an understanding of how your back works
- become aware of exercises that will help to strengthen your back
- be able to safely lift and carry objects, reducing the risk of injury
- become aware of devices which assist in lifting or carrying.