The main role of this committee is to assist and advise the University in complying with legislation which sets out the requirements for ensuring the health and safety of all participants in scientific diving, snorkelling and boating activities. The committee provides a forum to raise and resolve health and safety issues, review procedures and to promote programs for continuous improvement. It may be called upon to investigate water-related incidents, injuries and violations of procedures and make recommendations of appropriate disciplinary action in the event of unsafe diving or boating activities by any individual or group within the University. The Diving and Boating Safety Committee is an affiliate of the University Safety Committee.
- Thomas Wernberg, Academic Rep, Biological Sciences (Chair)
- Rick Roberts, School Rep, Biological Sciences
- Malcolm McCulloch, Academic Rep, Earth Sciences
- Gary Kendrick, Plant Biology
- Jeff Hansen, Academic/School Rep, Earth Sciences
- Sean Ashton, Acting USC Chair Nominee, Acting Manager - Safety, Health and Wellbeing
- Warren Starr, WHS Specialist Diving and Boating Safety Officer - Safety, Health and Wellbeing
- Christine Chernoff, Manager, Safety Systems and Compliance - Safety, Health and Wellbeing
- Rebecca Kerr, Safety Consultant, Faculty of Science, SDC
- Rebecca Joel, Safety, Health and Wellbeing (Minutes Secretary)
Agendas, minutes and reports
Agendas, minutes and reports are available to committee members and other attendees via a restricted access Sharepoint site administered by Safety, Health and Wellbeing.