Chemicals that are no longer needed by a particular area could be of use elsewhere in the University. You can advertise your surplus or unwanted chemicals to other UWA personnel via the 'Chemicals' mailing list. Please read the conditions below before subscribing to the list.
Conditions of use of the 'Chemicals' mailing list
- Advise of any possible contaminants or impurities in the chemicals posted.
- Provide a copy of the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) with the chemical.
- Ensure the container has suitable labelling.
Responsibilities of the person acquiring
- Ensure before collection that your laboratory has suitable storage for the chemical.
- Ensure you are given a copy of the MSDS either before or at the time of collection.
- Ensure the chemical has a compliant label before you accept responsibility for it.
- Ensure the chemical is included in your chemical register (ie. ChemAlert).
- Once you have taken a chemical from a supplier, the chemical becomes your responsibility. You must ensure it is used and stored safely, that people in your laboratory are advised of any hazards and are trained to handle it safely, and that once the chemical is used, it is disposed of safely. You should investigate the cost of disposal before acquiring any new chemical.
- Ensure the chemical is right for your purposes before you accept ownership.
Some chemicals cannot be advertised on this page. Do not attempt to advertise:
- Schedule 7, Schedule 8 or Schedule 9 poisons,
- drug precursors.