You should be aware of all the procedures to be followed when working with non-ionising radiation.
- Ultraviolet light/transilluminators
- Transilluminators are a source of potentially hazardous ultraviolet (UV) radiation. As a prescribed electronic device under the Radiation Safety Act 1975, they must be registered with the
Office of Safety and Health, and the Radiological Council.
- Ultraviolet transilluminators working rules
- The perspex shield supplied should be closed whilst the UV light is on.
- Microwave ovens
- Do not operate the microwave oven if it is damaged or does not operate properly. It is imperative that the oven door seals properly and that there is no damage to the door seal, hinges, latches or oven surfaces.
- Wireless LAN RF safety
- A LAN (Local Area Network) connects host computers and information processing terminals in offices, factories, and etc. It also connects terminals mutually.