UWA Safety and Health
In an emergency call:
- External: (+61 8) 6488 2222
- Internal: 2222
This page provides processes for notification and management of hazards, near-misses, incidents, injuries and emergencies. Staff, students, contractors and visitors have a responsibility to ensure these are reported to their supervisor and to UWA Safety and Health in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984.
The objective of the emergency procedures and critical incident plans is to ensure, as far as practicable, the safety, health and well-being of staff, students, contractors and visitors during emergencies involving the University. The planning, preparation, response to, and recovery from, incidents is paramount for the University to protect its community, operations and property.
- New Camms Electronic Incident Reporting System
- How to properly report, investigate and record injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards in Camms.
- Hazard, Incident and Near Miss Reporting and Investigation Procedure
- How to properly report, investigate and record injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards.
- Emergency procedures
- Procedures to assist organising and implementating emergency measures for workplaces at UWA.
- First Aid
- What to do in an emergency until professional medical help arrives.
- Mental health emergency
- What to do if you come across or are confronted by a person with some kind of mental illness.
- Injury management
- How UWA manages work-related injuries, illnesses and diseases.
- Workers' compensation
- How workers' compensation and UWA's injury management system supports injured workers to remain at work or return to gainful work at the earliest appropriate time.