This course operates on an on-demand basis
Hollywood Private Hospital Training Department
Radiation and Safety Officer
(+61) 0419 924 355.
This half-day course is intended for staff and students who are required to use fluoroscopic x-ray machines.
It will provide users with an awareness of the specific hazards associated with fluoroscopic x-ray machines within the University research environment. It is a requirement under the Radiation Safety Act 1975 that licensed users of fluoroscopic equipment have attended an appropriate safety course and that their supervised users are appropriately trained.
As a result of completing this training, participants should:
- gain an understanding of the safe use of fluoroscopic x-ray machines
- be able to identify and assess the risks associated with fluoroscopic x-ray machines
- become aware of legislative requirements for their use
- understand the process of reducing risks in the workplace
- understand the process to reduce radiation doses to staff and subjects.