This presentation is for people in low fire risk areas such as offices. There is a quiz to complete at the end of the unit. For those people who are at higher risk of fire, such as working with flammable material, hot work, workshops, and laboratories, training in use of equipment is recommended. This information will provide a sound basis for further training.
- Actions to take before using an extinguisher, hose-reel or fire blanket.
- Determine whether it is safe and appropriate to use a fire extinguisher, hose-reel or fire blanket.
- Know what to do if a fire is unsafe or inappropriate to attack.
- Select the correct extinguisher to suit the fire being attacked.
- How to approach a fire.
- Understand the use of an extinguisher, hose-reel and fire blanket.
- Differences in technique used for common types of extinguishers.
- Actions to be taken when an extinguisher, hose-reel or fire blanket has been used.
Online unit enrolment
- Use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari web browser
- Go to Blackboard and log on
- Follow instructions to self-enrol
- URL for this course is https://lms.uwa.edu.au/ultra/courses/_16706_1/cl/outline
- Hover over unit title and click on the chevron (down arrow) to self-enrol
Should you require more information or if you experience difficulty go to UWA Learning Management System (LMS)
Please work through the module and complete the quiz. You can then obtain your certificate of completion.